Using this blog, the students in the fifth grade can share the most important learning moments, exciting adventures, and special snapshots of our day. Check back each day for a peek inside our classroom!
Last Friday, the 27th we noticed that some plants in the building looked droopy and dying so we decided to get them a new home. We broke up into three groups: one for each plant. The plant we worked most on was our Philodendron .We started by getting new plant pots. After getting the pots we realized that we need to trim the plant because its getting too big so we took the scissors and trimmed the plant until it was only 1 foot long. Then we took the dying plant out of the old pot. Next we filled the bottoms of the new pots with rocks or other non decomposing materials. After that we filled them with potting soil only about 3/4 of the way to the top then we put the plant in and put the other 1/4 of soil around the plant. Finally we took the plants in and water them and watched them grow. Now our plants look bright and healthy and ready to grow even more!!!